We all love Mondays, especially when it's dark and drizzly, which is the case today. It fires up everyone's already grumpy mood just a bit more.
And of course, a string of events during my morning commute made my Monday BART ride even more detestable. Here they are in chronological order for your amusement!
1) A couple who decided to share one remaining seat and also show their (physical) affections to the whole train.
2) Seeing a homeless man urinate inside the BART station while he is pretending to talk on the pay phone as distraction. At least he tried to hide it!
3) Being trapped behind two side by side smokers on the up escalator and getting smoke all over my face. I was a few passengers behind them but no matter, the smoke was in my face for a good 15 seconds as we all rode up the escalator.
4) Being invaded by a group of tourists who were lost going to different destinations. One after another, they asked me which way to the cable car, which way to Pier 39, which way to Farmer's Market, which way to Mission District. I was very friendly for the first couple tourists but after awhile, I started pointing people to my best guess and figured they'll have someone else to ask when they're lost again.
5) Having my building entrance be blocked by delivery crates for CVS (which is next door.) I couldn't even squeeze through and had to patiently watch them remove the crates, which took about a few minutes.
6) Oh, before I forget, at the Orinda station, I walked up just as the train doors closed and had to wait 5 more minutes.
I hope the rest of the week will be better! And let's hope the sun comes out soon. Happy Monday everyone.