Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A few changes to my BART ride

Wow, it sure has been awhile since my last entry! The past couple of weeks have been full of changes. I now live one stop closer to SF, making my ride 5 minutes shorter, but coincidentally, I've returned to my old job, extending my ride by 5 more minutes, dropping me off smack in the middle of the drug addict, alcoholic, and homeless central, also known as Civic Center BART Station.

For those of you who have read my blog from the very beginning, these tales might sound familiar. Yep, I'm now hopping around "puddles" again in the morning. No, not rain puddles, but urine puddles! I am now again at the mercy of BART delivering me on-time in the morning so I can catch the connecting shuttle to work....the very company shuttle that inexplicably has a 30-minute gap between pickups during peak morning time (when I arrive), yet just 15 minutes during all other times!!

But who am I to complain? A new home and a happier workplace. Besides, with my horrible morning allergies these days, I can't smell the pee and barf all around the station's exits anyways.

No comments: