Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Tune-less on BART? Anyone else suffering from defective Nano? There is a solution!

Once upon a time, I used to rely on my iPod mini to block out the noise around me on BART. I would nod my head lightly to Usher, or walk down memory lane with some Luniz and Warren G., or soak in my despair with Enya. It's been about 6 months since I've been able to enjoy music on BART...ever since I gave away my mini iPod when I got my new Nano. However, within a day, I realized the on/off switch was busted. I could not turn it off once I took it off the charger. Or if I turned it off, I can't turn it on again until I put the charger back on! I would just use it once...let the battery run out. It became a one-time use only deal and then the Nano goes back on the charger before I can use it again.

It totally sucked!! I couldn't keep up with the daily charge requirement and as usual, I never keep receipts or those registration cards they give you in the box, so I figured it would be useless going to the Apple store since they are such sticklers on receipts. All I want to do is buy a new product that works for at least a year or two!!

I gave up...I accepted my bad luck and just figured that my new Nano had a permanent defect and there was nothing I can do about it. I've been tune-less on BART since.

HOWEVER...my coworker showed me that Apple actually CARES about you and that the defective on/off button on Nano was a known defect. There is a way to send back the defective Nano without a receipt and get a new one.

To find out about the Nano recall, just register at: http://depot.info.apple.com/ipod/

It was simple! Within a day, I got a DHL box to send in my defective Nano. I finally dropped off the box and according to my coworker, I will get a new Nano within 2 days. We'll see...but this is great news nonetheless.

No comments: