Monday, January 11, 2010

Pants Liberation Front - No Pants 2010 Project?

I guess if there's any place to do it, it's in the Bay Area. Those in support of Improv Everywhere, a NYC based performing arts group, paraded free of pants while riding BART yesterday. Call me whatever you wish but I find stunts like this extremely inappropriate. If they want to show their support in public by not wearing pants, do it in a plaza, like at Embarcadero or Union Square where people have the choice to walk another direction, but not on the trains where space is already a premium, where there are little ones around, and fellow passengers are forced to be within inches of you.

Carolyn Jones of Chronicle reports
: "Some wore frayed cotton boxers, others opted for pink satin thongs, and a few forewent underwear entirely."

It's ridiculous. Thank goodness it didn't happen today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Improv Everywhere, not Improve Everywhere.

Whether or not you're personally interested in being around people not wearing pants, I think it's a great thing that we CAN do such a thing in this country.

What's more, I'm glad there are enough people out there with a sense of humor about such things to organize such a stunt. Society can't afford to take itself too seriously.

bartmusings said...

Innocent typo-- corrected. I do agree it's a great thing that we can do this type of stuff in our country. I just don't find it particularly amusing...just one woman's opinion.

BARTSurfer said...

I think this is awesome! No need to be so conventional all the time.