You tell me if these people deserve seats??? They each asked someone to give up their seats, and one even asked for a non-disabled designated seat!
1) a young woman has what looks to be a wrist bandage for a bad scrape or cut. Yes or no?
2) an older woman, maybe in 50s, who is young enough to go to work still. Yes or no?
3) an older man, gray haired, carrying a fold up bike. Looks fit. Yes or no?
4) an overweight young man who needed two seats. Yes or no?
5) a woman who appeared to be pregnant, if so, not that far along, but can just be stomach fat. Yes or no?
All these passengers asked for a seat and everyone complied but not without stares. I gave my seat up personally for #5 only because I've preached the need for pregnant women in final trimester to sit on BART. However in this case, I really had to give her the benefit of the doubt. Oh well, standing won't hurt me but it sure is torture on a crowded train.