Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Please cover your mouth when you yawn

We've all seen it. People yawning on BART, letting out a huge breath of air from the mouth that hits the passengers next to them on BART. Maybe it's just me but I really don't like it when someone's massive exhale blows on me so hard that it makes my hair move. I usually hold my breath for at least 10 seconds when that happens. I really don't feel like smelling someone else's breath. Besides, I personally ALWAYS cover my mouth when I yawn, or minimize my yawn within my mouth. Why don't other people do that?? Instead, they must announce to the train that they are tired by letting out a heavy breath of air. Just another pet peeve of mine. I think it's basic etiquette.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like riding BART during rush hours is like being kept in a torture chamber! Now I can imagine how the 20 chickens feel in a small cage in transit to the market. Good thing they don't know what is going to happen to them!

bartmusings said...

that's a funny analogy and not too far from the truth :)