Monday, August 24, 2009

Hand sanitizers on trains

I know this will never happen and I certainly don't want it to happen at OUR expense since we all know by now that it would likely require 3 BART employees to install each hand sanitizer dispenser, and upon mid-way through installation, they'll need to take a break, or something like that.

But as I was riding BART to work, holding the overhead bars, I was just thinking, wouldn't it be nice if they provided sanitizers onboard, next to the doors? Grocery stores and convenience stores do it now and in most cases, I can't imagine that it would add a ton of expenses, but knowing BART's inefficiency and inability to keep a balanced budget, I don't see this happening, nor do I want to suffer the consequences of it happening.

I've written about the sanitizer they have on select platforms now. I wonder how much that costed us??

Anyhow, I carry my own bottle of Purell anyways but having sanitizers readily available could do us all some good.

Then again...the people who need it most, probably are those who won't use it anyways.

5 comments:

Erik said...

Hand sanitizer doesn't do that much good for anything but paranoia. You are better off just washing your hands with soap and water when you get to your destination.

Anonymous said...

I bring my own and wipe down the poles or seat handles when I have to stand. Otherwise, I forget and wipe my eye or something. Also, you have to handle your purse or briefcase and get bacteria all over them. It's not paranoia when you consider that most people do not even wash their hands after using the bathroom. Men are the worst.

Anonymous said...

http://newyork.corante.com/archives/2005/08/25/a_subway_strap_for_the_howard_hughes_crowd.php

Anonymous said...

using hand sanitizer and anti-bacterials all the time just creates super bacterias.

stop being such paranoid dipshits. the human body is made to fight off disease and infections. get sufficient sleep, take your vitamins, eat healthy, and your body will keep itself in good running order.

Anonymous said...

I'll take my cues from the CDC and not an anonymous poster on the internet. Most disease is spread through filty personal habits, mostly from people who can't be bothered to wash their hands.