Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A taste of rush hour traffic

For the first time in quite awhile, I actually drove to work yesterday because I needed to attend an evening work event. Maybe it's because of the rain, or it was just a very bad day on the Bay Bridge, but it took me nearly 2 hours to get from my residence in the East Bay to get to Downtown SF. Imagine that....almost 2 hours to drive a little over 20 miles. I even left 45 minutes earlier than usual in anticipation of bad traffic. I was prepared for an one hour drive or even 75 minutes, but not 110 minutes! The hopeless speed that I was moving almost drove me to insanity. Not only was I running late for an important meeting, I needed to go the restroom.

Today, I resumed my normal routine of taking BART to SF. At least for the time being, I have a new found appreciation for BART.

No comments: