Thursday, May 01, 2008

Standing with Mr. Etiquette

No seats this morning, as expected, but at least I got to lean against the in-between train doors, which is not bad. Standing immediately in front of me was this man who is super friendly and nice. He was also Mr. Etiquette. Why? Because whenever someone vacated their seat, he was quick to offer it to the passengers standing in front of him instead of taking the empty seat himself. IN FRONT is the key word here....he forgot apparently that I was in BACK of him and kept on letting others sit, even those from far way, and completely blocked me from taking one of the empty seats which was just a couple feet from me.

The first few times it happened, I didn't care much. I thought it was refreshing that he was so nice to others. But then, I got annoyed because in order for him to back up for others to take the seat, he actually stepped on me a few times! He didn't even know!

Finally, I had to say "excuse me" in an attempt to try to take one of the empty seats before he "saves" it for another. But as he finally allowed me to move past him, I was too late, the seat was gone.

Oh well, no big deal really. Leaning against the door isn't a bad thing! It was just funny that this man made a point to let everyone within his sight to take the seats, but either purposely denied me or just a case of out of sight, out of mind.

It's OK to me really. I'm capable of standing.

No comments: