Thursday, November 06, 2008

A moment of BART appreciation

New motherhood has been wonderful although time to myself has gotten scarce. Thanks for everyone's continuing support and patience. I will still try to write whenever I can, and post the interviews as well (one day soon, I hope)!

Today, my husband, a daily car commuter, needed to take BART to SF for a meeting and then back to East Bay for work. The thought of taking BART to multiple locations and then back did not please him at all, in fact, he contemplated on driving this 3-destination trip until he saw how awful the traffic was. Well, his verdict? How easy BART was! Yes, as often as we all complain about BART's little quirks and imperfections, it is a great and fairly efficient system that has simplified our lives!! Nice to acknowledge that sometimes! If I had to drive across the Bay Bridge daily to get to work, I'd probably age much faster and would have lost quite a few hairs from frustration.

2 comments:

SongMonk said...

I so would like to see BART extended to San Jose. I hope Measure B passes!

Anonymous said...

Glad he had a good experience. Although we have our gripes about BART, most of the time on a day to day basis the commute is normal.

I hate driving myself and wouldn't want to drive to SF and then to the East Bay and then home!