I encountered a creep today who was trying to either strike a conversation or trying to be physically closer to me. Either way, it's creepy, uncomfortable and just weird. This inspired me to write today's post -- 5 types of creeps on BART! Tell me if you've encountered any of these guys!
1) People who stare at your phone screen and think it is OK to talk to you about the subject on your screen!! This also applies to people who volunteer their opinions on a book you're reading.
2) People who can hold the bar at any other position on the safety bar but INSISTS on holding it right next to your hand and have the hands touch! Seriously? Move an inch over at least!! Gross!
3) People who make eye contact with you from afar and won't look away. And every time you try to discretely check with a side eye glance, he or she is looking...I mean, STARING!
4) People who think just because you are standing uncomfortably close to each other, it means you MUST TALK. No, we don't! Please don't ask me where I live, what I do, and where I park at the BART station. I don't care to share anything with you. I just want to read my emails or close my eyes.
5) People who have the choice to stand elsewhere but they insist on SQUEEZING into the highly sought after window standing box in cars where there is a train operator's seat. Do you know what I'm talking about? There usually is a standing space for ONE inside the window box right across from the train operator's door. I don't understand why some people insist on squeezing their way into the space when they can stand right outside of it. It's not meant for 2 adult standing passengers who are strangers.
There are probably more types of creeps on BART but these 5 irk me most! Don't be a creep! Just mind your own business and look at your own phone.