Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Masks abound in Taipei

Taipei's public transit system has improved dramatically since my last visit. I even noticed that congestion in the streets have subsided due to the improved public transit. Although Taipei MRT locations are well-positioned and the trains are efficient, it is still quite difficult to get to your final destination by foot. I guess that is why every one out of five cars are taxis. I still prefer the taxis.

Masks are nothing new in Asia, especially after the SARS outbreak. But I've noticed that they are still being regularly used by people in public places, from buses, restaurants, airports, to malls. They are now very fashionable too-- you can get them in any design at the night markets, from Hello Kitty to Burberry imitation patterns.

Pleasant trip overall! Now...off to Hong Kong.

No comments: