Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Scented pages in Newsweek?

Saw a man reading Newsweek today on BART-- normal. But I also saw him smelling each page from the magazine-- NOT normal.

When he did that once, I didn't think anything of it. Maybe there was a perfume or cologne sample in Newsweek-- not likely in Newsweek, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. However, he started flipping each page, and smelling it. He did that throughout the rest of his ride.

I shouldn't jump to conclusion that it's weird for him to sniff a Newsweek issue page by page, but what could possibly be so irresistible or intoxicating, or even repulsive, to cause a man to sniff out each thin piece of paper?? Guessing his reason preoccupied my mind throughout the ride home- which was cool because it made my ride seem shorter.

Quite puzzling, isn't it?

No comments: